This one was suggested to do by many and it is long overdue :P .
I had many ideas for her (and still have) so this might be just the first incarnation in which I tried and learned several things in digital painting.
A short list of things I learned by doing this below:
• Understanding, light, shadow and ambient occlusion ✓
• Painting White cloth in bright daylight (ugh) ✓
• Make mechanical and organic parts look cohesive + believable ✓
• Painting a skin/theme that speaks visually fantasy and elegance ✓
• Painting a living figure in a landscape ✓
• Make materials look believable ✓
• Not painting Pink Cherry Blossom Leaves ✓
• Hide a silly Stork figure in a painting ✓
The main pose was inspired by the Magic the gathering piece of Bastien Lecouffe Deharme. But instead of a dark look, I wanted to go with a Studio Ghibli kind of vibe.
Full explanation on my patreon: m/posts/mercy-hybrid-15719496